Our bodies have the ability to heal themselves, as long as we provide them with the opportunity and space to do so. Movement coaching provides that opportunity.
While we should all have a baseline of wellness, strength, mobility, flexibility, etc., this isn’t the case in most of the population.
Good posture has become a rarity.
A properly executed push-up, pull-up, or squat, is almost impossible to achieve without core integration and the correct neuromuscular connections.
Private movement coaching focuses on discovering and integrating the core with special emphasis on the pelvic floor, as well as on breathing techniques and movements designed to develop body awareness, release tension and unlock the body’s self-healing potential.
You will learn how to move without tension while your body discovers the movement patterns that are most beneficial at every moment of your practice.
Strength without tension, articulations that soften up the more you practice, mobility that permits the flow of energy through the body, and the relaxation of the mind through your daily activities are some of the benefits you will enjoy with this practice.
Some of the main problems that can be resolved through assisted movement coaching are:
- Chronic pain (neck, shoulder, hip, scapula, wrist, etc).
- Post injuries pain, compensations and imbalances
- Those recovering from surgeries or who spent long time bedridden
- Bad posture, lower back pain, headaches, etc
- Mobility and flexibility problems
- Office syndrome
- People who have a tendency to injure themselves often
- Feet problems (unstable ankles, plantar fasciatis, etc).
- Core weakness
- Lack of integration between hips, core, ribcage, scapulae and shoulders
- After surgery reintegration
- Athletes who want to improve the quality of their movement
- Breathing problems
- Sciatic Pain
Classes are personalized according to your main needs and the condition you are the day you are attending your session.
Classes last from 60 to 90 minutes depending on how your body reacts to each session.
Sessions are available in English and Spanish.
Movement coaching sessions may have one or more of the following components:
- Animal walks
- Proprioception games
- Spinal mobility
- Body awareness development
- Breathing techniques
- My personal movement method
The main benefits you will experience are:
- Improved mobility
- Better posture
- Pain reduction/elimination
- Anxiety reduction/elimination
- Overall feeling of wellness
- Improved strength
- Muscle tone
- Muscle endurance
- Improved Range of Motion
- Body awareness
- Mind stillness
- Improved body preparedness
- Improved balance and coordination
- Improved movement patterns
- Feelings of joy and peace
Movement Coaching Prices:
5 sessions* trial (this can be bought only one time)
10 sessions package to be used within a month
30 sessions package to be used within 3 months
60 sessions package to be used within 6 months
100 sessions package to be used within 1 year
Single “follow up” session for those who have attended at least 30 sessions
* Every session last between 60 to 90 minutes
Without constant work, it is difficult to ingrain new movement patterns and generate body awareness, therefore it is necessary to work a minimum of 2 times per week.
These services aren’t offered online, except for consultations or follow ups.
Developing the necessary body awareness to take full advantage of our movement classes is time consuming. Patience and mental fortitude, plus the ability to understand and follow abstract commands are essential. Willingness to embark in a journey and enjoy every moment along the way are necessary.
My aim is to prepare your body and mind so you can become yourself a student of movement and you can follow your own path once you have understood the basics of my movement method. The more you practice, the faster you will be able to work on your own, only touching base with me sparingly to check your progress and advice new paths of exploration.